COLLEGES AND TECHNICAL COLLEGES
Going on a COLLEGE VISIT?
Click here for more information on college visits.
APPLYING TO COLLEGE
| Factors to Consider when choosing where to apply
- Public or Private?
- In State or Out of State?
- Large School or Small School?
- Proximity to Home?
- Do they offer the Program(s) I am interested in taking?
- Do I meet the average Profile for admission?
- What Post-secondary placement test do I need to take? (ASSET / ACT / SAT)
- Complete and submit an application. The best way to do this is online either directly through the school’s web site or through www.gacollege411.org. Do not forget to pay the application fee to the college!
- Request your transcripts to be sent from the guidance office (See Mrs. Stewart to make this request and complete a records release form. 1st copy is free, $2.00 for each additional copy)
- Have your ACT and/or SAT scores sent to the school if you did not do this at the time you took the test.
When to begin applying
- Now. We recommend that you apply before the Thanksgiving break. (To ensure that your transcripts are mailed before the holiday, make your request to Mrs. Stewart by November 12th.
- You can apply to as many schools as you would like; however, we recommend applying to at least 3.
- REMEMBER to apply well before the application deadline (check with the school(s) to which you apply for deadline information)
How can I get information on Scholarships?
- Contact the school(s) to which you are applying and ask for information on campus-based financial aid and scholarships
- Refer to “Scholarship Special” bulletin given to senior homeroom teachers, English teachers, and available for reference in the counselors’ office
- Complete a LOCAL SCHOLARHIP APPLICATION for consideration for CHS based scholarships.
- Visit Scholarship website/search site such as www.fastweb.com
- Visit the CHS College and Career Center in the media center.